Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Little Maiden sundress, at last

I finished this Little Maiden sundress (from Crochet Garden) last fall, but it was too chilly for the kid to wear it. It's made in Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim, which is 100% cotton worsted, which seemed like a good idea at the time but turns out to be really heavy. Oh, well; at least it's really soft. I have it tied with a ribbon through the shells part of the skirt instead of in the upper bodice like the pattern calls for because it looked better when the skirt was gathered up. Overall, though, I'm happy with the way it turned out and the kid willingly wears it without being prompted, so I guess it's a success. After reading a Crochetville discussion of Cotton-Ease (50/50 cotton-acrylic), I may try that next time.

I believe that I ordered the yarn from knitting-warehouse.com and it was the only time I've had a dye lot problem--I got five balls of the blue, and the order was split among two different dye lots which I didn't notice until after I'd finished the bodice of my first attempt. Now I've got the top and a few rows of the shell-pattern skirt to use as a tank top for the kid and I had to start again from scratch. Another rookie mistake to not check the dye lot. I'd like to say it won't happen again, but I don't tend to learn from my mistakes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?