Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 
It's not that I haven't been crocheting for the past six months; it's just that I haven't been taking pictures of it. Made several things and gave them away. Turned 15 skeins of itchy acrylic into many, many pet blankets for shelters. Etc. But I either need to take link out my .sig or actually update it, so here goes.

Here's a recent poncho and hat set for the kid:


The poncho stitch is from "63 squares combine to make an heirloom afghan" pamphlet (I know, that's not the exact name, but it's not in front of me), which is currently the only thing like a stitch dictionary that I have. Unfortunately, I made the rectangles too long, so it fell off her shoulders and I had to fill in with a lot of ruffles and edging. The hat is one of luv2crochet's free patterns, with a ruffle on it. The flowers are..well, they're flowers.

The yarn is from a big acrylic stash donated by one of my landscapers, who'd inherited a pile of stuff from one of her other clients, who does not work with yarn at all. (I made hats for her and her partner out of some of the nicer yarn in the stash.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?