Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

The New Dr. Who...not that bad at all.

Not much crochet to report; started a bunch of things and then ripped them out. Turned a pile of Baby Clouds that I won in the Fastest Crocheter at my Local Michael's contest into snuggles for homeless pets (my neighbor runs a rescue group) because they gave me two skeins that DIDN'T MATCH, meaning that they weren't good for more than a baby hat at best. But they'll make some kitties very happy.

Am working through stash because I ordered *way* too much stuff from Herrschner's and I have to make room for it (by which I mean, hide it so my husband doesn't see it). Am making Jessi's Sherbert Tank Top out of four skeins of Sirdar Tango I got in a swap with Crochet Smartcat; I think that I will have enough. I can't tell you how much that spelling of "sherbet" bugs me but it's a really nice pattern that follows my favorite approach to fit -- "Crochet a starting chain that fits YOU and then work it out," not "Crochet XX chains and hope for the best re. fit."

And the new Dr Who? Never watched the old ones. Lots of my friends did because I gravitate toward that group, but I never got involved in it. However, the new one has pop culture references and a cute doctor and a very Buffy kinda vibe for parts of it, and it's neatly wrapped up at the end of each episode (so far, I've only seen the American premiere of two), and I think it's FINALLY a sci-fi show that my kid and I can both enjoy since I won't let him watch Battlestar Galactica.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?