Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

First article of clothing! Well, first sweater.

I guess that the skirt I made Amanda is the real first piece of clothing I made, but this is the first thing that actually had to be put together. And I didn't even really have to put it together too much; it's the "Baby, It's Cold Outside" sweater from Crochet Me Magazine, and it's all kinda one piece. I made an incredible number of mistakes in this, which are apparent when I look at it, but WTH, it's done. I had the Sirdar Snuggly Chunky in baby blue from a swap, and it was *just* enough to make this, and the color wasn't good for much else, and it was chunky so I couldn't really DO anything else with it but make a soft baby thing.

So, I can't give away this sweater. It's not perfect, even though it's really nice yarn. I think I'll just keep it and look at it. Hey, it's easier to fold and store a sweater than to store those four skeins of yarn, and no one can get after me for hoarding yarn.

Had a little breakdown at a new physical therapy joint yesterday. At the time, I was upset because it HURT and I'm so tired of being in pain all the time. But then I had a massive pain problem all night in an area that's never actually hurt much before and then I realized that the reason I was crying is because this jackass physical therapist actually HURT me. Like, potentially did me some damage, and I don't have a lot of back left to GET damaged. So today I'm just tired and pissed off. At least the joint pain has let up. Dang, it made me mad. Don't really want to go back to that PT.

Next project...oh, who the hell knows. I should replace the obnoxious rhinestone buttons on my Old Navy shrunken velvet blazers with the more subtle ones so I can wear them with jeans. Now THAT'S exciting, no?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?