Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Cheating: Stuff I've already made, part II

Not much extra to put in here but I might as well start wrapping this up:



Here's a scarf made from the Kauai Pineapple Lace pattern in the Crochet Pattern a Day calendar. I'm starting to have a great big beef about the editorial quality of this calendar, but that's not related to this scarf. The pattern is originally designed as an edging but I've been looking for a skinny thread-crochet scarf and this worked really well. I didn't use the bullions in the pattern, not because they're difficult but because I don't like the way they look. The goal is to use this as a light summer accessory with T-shirts, or as a sash/belt. I think it'll work. If I make it again, I'll make the first motif double-sided so the pineapples all appear to go in the same direction -- on this version, they're all pointing the same way so when you wear it, half point up and half point down. (This is the kind of concern that's eating up storage space in my head.)


Here's Amanda wearing a V-stitch scarf made from Caron Feathers in Sandpiper. She's definitely bonding with the kitten. I'd get mad at her for not taking better care of her scarf (dragging it on the floor like a tail isn't exactly careful) but it's been warm lately and she's really just too cute to get mad at her. She's NOT drinking out of the cat's bowl. She got her own bowl of water with her own opposable thumbs.

Comments:
I still like the scarf, even if they go half up and half down. I have three kids and they do kooky things. I think that's cute your daughter wants to drink like the kitten. (Cute kitten, too) :)
 
LOL...my 3 year old does the same thing...we have 2 cats and she is adamant that she is a kitty too. She wants her own water dish and goes around meowing. The cats just look at her and probably think: "I don't think so sweetie!" The scarf is cute too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?